THE WORLD’S WOMEN ARE ON FIRE!
WOMEN OF THE WORLD CALL ON WORLD LEADERS for BOLD ACTIONS
We have this singular once in a lifetime opportunity to impact global policy which could change the future course of history for the world’s women and girls.
HISTORY IN THE MAKING. Time to dream and act more boldly that ever before. In a show of solidarity, women and our male allies, will stand together with a bold call to action to world leaders to accelerate investment in the empowerment of women & girls. Canada has stepped up as the Gender Equality leader on the world stage with a historic investment in women in the grassroots. At the G7 Summit which Canada hosted in 2018, Prime Minister Trudeau invited other leaders to follow suit which they did.
WOMEN MOVING BILLIONS. BIG BOLD ASK. Now is the time to use our collective power to change global policy. Call on G7 world leaders to keep their promises to put women at the heart of their Development Agenda. Invite World leaders to match funds raised by the Heart in Action Global Humanitarian Campaign. In one sweep, we could put billions of dollars into the hands of women and girls in the years to come. Equality won’t happen without resources.
Advance Women's Rights and Leadership
“The new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) hold real promise to embed advances in women’s rights. Now it is up to all of us to hold governments accountable for their commitments and make sure the goals are met. And funding the solutions of grass-roots women’s groups – will be critical to success.” The Global Fund for Women.
Will you step up to help women and girls in the short and long term?
History in the Making. Ignite the Power of the Digital Revolution.
The BENEFITS are evident for short and long term IMPACT:
- Women Moving Billions. Action Campaigns call on World Leaders Re International Development.
- A sustainable annual fund-raising platform to accelerate funding. World’s Biggest Give Back Day.
- The power of media, celebrity and technology to help align women’s power, voice & leadership.
- Women are proving their collective power. Build a sustainable global advocacy campaign.
- Build a popular Music Festival worldwide on International Women’s Day. Provide tools to create WDL Festivals and fundraisers for city or country wide charities for women and children.
- Keep Promises to Women. Challenge world leaders to Step it Up for Gender Equality. To Achieve the 50/50 Pledge by 2030 BOLD ACTIONS are needed now.
END RESULT. Real Impact & Funding to achieve our common goal for education, an end to violence, and equal opportunity.
Extended Reach of Concerts and International Women’s Day Celebrations:
To create biggest live global interactive social networking event in history.
- Raise awareness of the value of women and girls in society today
- Live stream, online telethon, digital home across all time zones and geographic areas
- Historical record of music, stories, content, & feeling
- NGO’s who are in 175 countries will join the movement-building efforts
- Leverage tens of millions in free media
There is much at stake for women and girls’ rights now, more than ever. Musimbi Kanyoro, the CEO of the Global Fund for Women states, “These threats are global and touch every aspect of women’s lives: civil, political, economic, social & cultural rights!” Gender equality is key to the Millennium Development Goals and Agenda 2030.
Harness the Power of Global Media & Technology
Women’s Day Live: An Annual Global Charitable Platform
- Signature concert & telethon (broadcast globally).
- Branded ‘donation give back’ for purchases on International Women’s Day backed by leading global and regional retailers and manufacturers.
- Global give back: Deliver high impact support to the grassroots supporting the strategy created by the Nobel Laureate Women’s Initiative and Canada’s MATCH International Women’s fund.
Funds raised through Women’s Day Live on air will be directed to: Six major Women’s Grassroots organizations:
- Support transformative work in education, health, gender equality and women’s rights by strengthening and supporting women’s grassroots organizations.
- Provide multiyear funding to strengthen and sustain effective women’s rights and advocacy organizations and movement building.
Multi-Year Trans‐Media Global Social Action Campaign
- Increased access to power, resources and visibility:
Women and girls will have equal access to services (e.g., education, health, water, sanitation); political participation and leadership. Result: improved economic autonomy and livelihoods.
- Changes in policies and laws:
Women and girls will organize to advocate for laws and policies that advance and protect women’s rights; women leaders and organizations will hold Governments to account so that improved policies and laws are passed, implemented, maintained and enforced.
- Movement building:
Women’s organizations will strengthen networks and coalitions. There is strong evidence that women’s empowerment and gender equality are associated with peace and stability. Equally, philanthropic investments at the grassroots generate significant returns on gender equality.
Example. $20M raised through the WDL platform would bring 1000 ground-breaking grassroots women’s initiatives to life – and progress to the women they serve.
IT'S NEVER OKAY
An Action Plan to Stop Sexual Violence and Harassment
To bring social change and end the root causes of sexual violence WDL will help fund the expansion of the It's Never Ok campaign around the world.
It’s ready to go. The former Premiere of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne’s crusade against sexual violence and harassment has gone global, thanks to an investment of $50 million dollars and an edgy Ontario government ad that has been viewed more than 7 million times. The 13-part action plan is available in 27 language. It emphasizes there are no justifications for sexual harassment or sexual violence.
EDGY ONTARIO AD COMBATTING SEXUAL VIOLENCE GOES GLOBAL
The It’s Never Okay Action plan is available to visionary leaders around the world to invest and implement in their communities. We will create a PSA to air globally, featuring world renowned male stars, Champions for Equality, who advocate dignity and respect.
According to Melinda Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation "A study looking at 70 countries …found that women’s grassroots movements were more effective at advancing policy change…–particularly on violence against women–than most other factors. In 2018 that will mean challenging ourselves to do a better job of finding and funding grassroots women’s movements. Right now, less than 2% of global funding for gender issues goes to local women’s organizations."
See It’s Time for a New Era for Women
A Threshold Moment in History to Change the Culture.
EMPOWER WOMEN. CHANGE THE WORLD.
Women's Day Live. Global Reach. Local Impact. Lasting Legacy.
UNLEASH THE WORLD'S MOST POTENT FORCE
International Women’s Day, March 8th, celebrates the economic, political and social achievements of women around the world. It is a national holiday in 35 countries, including Rwanda, Russia and China and is celebrated in 100+ countries. Thousands of self-created events take place annually.
Prime Minister of Canada
“As host of the G7 in 2018, Prime Minister Trudeau showed his ambitious global leadership plan to champion women and girls by putting women at the heart of its International Development agenda and asked his fellow leaders to join him. This historic investment is a game-changer."
Executive Director of UN Women
Join the Movement to Drive Transformative Change
“2020 is a pivotal year for the accelerated realization of gender equality and the empowerment of all women & girls.”
Former CEO, Global Fund for Women
“The future of global women’s rights is at stake. This moment calls for energizing new efforts to lead the charge for change. We will ensure that movements for women’s rights are powerful, influential, and achieve lasting gains.” Musimbi Kanyoro is Co-Chair of Women’s Day Live.
Right Honorable KIM CAMPBELL
Former Prime Minister of Canada - Co-Chair of Women's Day
"Women’s Day Live offers a historic opportunity to take the lead on a bold initiative that can be very effective in mobilizing resources and impact national and global policy" - See letter